Opening Elevations Command Issue?

When I run the command it draws the window outline for a casement window but not for a fixed lite window. When I change a fixed lite to a casement and update the opening elevation draws the window outline. When I go back to fixed lite The window outline goes away and only shows the dimension.

Hi Ernest,

Can you provide more information and context about your issue? Thanks

https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/please-read-this-if-you-are-logging-a-bug-or-issue/173971/3

Hi Japhy,

Thanks for your quick response. I have attached a screenshot to illustrate the problem. Essentially, the command is not generating the window linework for fixed windows whereas it does for casement. I have switched between window type and updated the same elevation which redraws the lines if I change the window to casement from fixed.

Is this involving a plugin of some sort?

Hi Japhy,

Yes I am using VisualArq and running the “Opening Elevations” command.

I changed your Forum topic to the plugins category.

Hi Japhy,

I have figured out the problem. The fixed window type had a leaf but no frame. Once I edited the style properties added the frame element it generated the fixed window correctly. I appreciate your fast response.

Best,

Thank you,

Hi @Ernest_Mack thanks for figuring this out and letting us know. However, I think the opening elevation should work also for windows that do no have a frame component. If you can share your file we will check what’s really happening and fix any possible errors for future versions.