Opening a New file in a macro

(John Schindler) #1

I would like to run several macros in sequence in Rhino so that each of them creates an object and saves it as a separate 3dm file. After running the first macro I need to open a new template file to run the second one, and so on. When I run the -New command, it opens a dialog asking if I want to save the existing file. How can I say No to it in a macro?

Something like this :

!_NoEcho
_New
"C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\Localization\en-US\Template Files\Small Objects - Millimeters.3dm"
_Echo

(Pascal Golay) #3

Hi John - try adding this to the macro

_-Runscript ( Rhino.DocumentModified(False) )

-Pascal

(John Schindler) #4

Hi Pascal, when I try to run this macro to open the Test template, it still opens the dialog box when there are objects in the current file.

-New Test.3dm
-Runscript ( Rhino.DocumentModified(False) )

(Pascal Golay) #5

Hi John - If the scenario is that you have a file open and you do some stuff and whatever you want is saved off and you no longer care about what is in the current file, then put that -Runscript thing in the macro before -New. This will tell Rhino that the current document is not modified, even though that is a lie, and it will not offer to save. Does that make sense with what you are doing?

-Pascal

(John Schindler) #6

Hi Pascal - this will do it. Thanks!