On the development of rendering solutions in Rhino

Thanks, I’ll test the file tomorrow.

edit: this seems to be working fine on the desktop, even with CPU rendering. I’ll test on the laptop of @marika_almgren next week when she’s back in the office. It has a 750M on a Retina screen.

Just tested it here again. Not good in my experience. Unusable still.

• I still cannot rotate a view in a responsive manner. And when the cursor turn to a tumbler model completely disappear so I have to guess what the new view will be when I let go. Should you show at least a GL view?
  • I set my backdrop to white, but viewpoint shows black.
  • I have groundplane check, nut there’s none on my viewport
  • Environment is set to ‘basic environment 028’ but it shows at a black rectangle in the environment preview
  • materials drag-and-drop is still very unresponsive

I just when to take a screenshot of this mess and Rhino just crashed on me. So here’s the screenshot with the crash and all:

Hmm, the latest public release should have exactly that: OpenGL view while the first Raytraced results are generated. Yesterday I briefly looked at this on the 4K-display laptop that @marika uses here at the office. OpenGL is shown here on rotating view before the Cycles result gets blended in… I’ll test more next week.

The black vp was also reported by Bob, but I haven’t been able to reproduce yet. I keep searching for better solutions.

Currently there seem to be drag and drop problems even without raytraced. Those are also looked into.

Not sure what is going on with the environment preview. Does that happen with all environments?

Thanks for testing and reporting (:

RH-38962 is fixed in the latest WIP