Offsetting

How to offset the two sides like photo number 1

[image]

1 Like

Hi -

I’d make a rectangle from the center point. Use the required offset distance as the width and snap to to top of the curve with the .y filter. Copy or array as required.
-wim

1 Like

Hello - Not sure that I correctly understood what you are trying to do, but you can Offset one line BothSides Cap=Flat And then copy the results…? OffsetMultiple does not have all the options available in Offset.

-Pascal

2 Likes

thank you, but actually in my drawing there are many lines with different sizes. it is not lying on one direction,

If you do, it will take a long time

Hello- I cannot really know what you are trying to do without an example file.

-Pascal

1 Like

you get what i mean, and i want to apply to all selects, is there any way to do that?

you get what i mean, and i want to apply to all selects, is there any way to do that?
111.3dm (2.9 MB)

Uploading: OffsetMultiple.jpg…
is there a way to select all? because the distances are not the same,

This script might help…

OffsetMulticrvs2SidesWEnds.py (5.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll give it a try!

I’m glad your script is great, but could you write a little more? I want the Extension to end at the border

No sorry, that’s a pretty specialized case. You can for example subobject select the segment and pull it to the right in this case, then CurveBoolean with the border curve. Or make sure all your curves extend well beyond the border curve before offsetting.

1 Like

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM, I’M TRYING TO CUT IT IN TWO AS I CANNOT.

00.3dm (1006.3 KB)

When things like Splits, trims, Boolean operations etc. fail, the first thing to do is run Intersect and see if you got a complete intersection. This is the result:

It is not finding the intersection with the top and bottom surfaces, so the split fails. I poked around and tried most of the usual things, but I have not been able to fix it so far, so it might be a bug…

By the way, please start a new topic when you have a different problem from the original post.

1 Like

THANK YOU FOR GIVE ME A MEANING PROPOSAL.

[image]

I played around with it some more and I think I found the problem… The parametrization of the input curves is weird. I duplicated the lower surface face border and then deleted the s-shaped extrusion object. I then ran Reparameterize on the curve and re-extruded. One then gets a complete intersection and the split succeeds.

The input curves are pretty messy though, I might look at rebuilding them more cleanly.

00-rep.3dm (3.3 MB)

1 Like

Thank you very much for your interest in my question! those curves it’s built from the acd side, and in rhino I don’t know how to handle them, and don’t know how to figure it out, thank you for giving me a solution,