Object history, child and parent objects

I am writing a Rhinoscript program that looks at every object in an model and generates a weight estimate of those objects that follow a specific color scheme. Part of this involves identifying those objects that should be ignored, such as layout objects, and hidden objects.

I’m confused about the RhinoScript methods IsObjectParent and IsObjectChild. I only want to gather information on objects as the user currently sees them on screen, not an object as it once was. It looks as though I should be checking these methods for each object, and while I understand the basic idea of object history, the documentation of these two methods isn’t particularly illuminating.

• Are there multiple related versions of an object in a Rhino model for those that record history?
• Will one of these methods return an indication of whether an object is not the current state of an object?
• If so, which one and how do I know if I should ignore it?

These are in relation to Rhino’s History function which actually has nothing to do with how objects “once were” - History in Rhino is about parent-child object relationships. So I think you can safely ignore these.

No.