Nvidia Quadro p2000 4GB vs Gtx 1070 8GB

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I have tried to come to a verdict by reading other posts but no answer completely satisfied me. I am an architecture student looking for a GPU to a mobile workstation for use with mainly Rhino but also with Maya AutoCAD, ArchiCAD and Revit. There is a lot of ambiguity among the different recommendations of GPU’s and I intend to improve my understanding of the video cards impact on the modelling process with this thread.

I am necessarily choosing between two setups:

i7 7700
16 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
QUADRO P2000 (4GB)/ GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB)

I am aware of the optimized drivers of the quadro which deliver higher precision and reliability. However, I do not fully comprehend what this means. I whant to minimize the risk of Rhino crashing but 100% accuracy in precision for client delivery is not neccessary, since I am not sending my models to a professional constructor. I want my program to run as steadily as possible with as high FPS in RENDERED & SHADED mode as possible. I am going to work with differently sized projects (mostly 30MB but also 100MB), hence I would prefer not to bottleneck the capabilites to work with larger projects.

My question is neccessarely: will the quadro p2000 with 4GB vram deliver higher FPS when working with large objects in Rhino (and the other programs i mentioned) compared to the GTX or will the GTX with its 8GB vram deliver higher FPS, without being more inclined to crash in the middle of a project? I highly appreciate any support on this matter and if someone could shed some light upon the specifics of the quadros driver optimization and ”stability”, it would be awesome!

Thanks!