Notifications Broken?

I’ve recently noticed that I don’t receive forum notifications, and that people don’t respond to replies (that might also just be impoliteness of course). But I was just wondering if there are known issues or changes to Discourse notifications? I would hate to miss and not respond to replies/mentions etc.

Here’s one example. Where this post has five likes, but I’ve received one notification:

2020-11-25 12_05_02-Window

Hei Anders -
That doesn’t look right, no. I’ll see what I can find out.
-wim

1 Like

Hei Anders -
I’m not completely done with this but about notifications for likes, you can change this setting from First time a post is liked and daily to Always.

-wim

1 Like

Ah yes, that would explain it, thanks so much Wim. I don’t recall having changed it though, and have heard from other users that they too have experienced this new default behaviour to be confusing.

Note that this is for “likes” only, not for answers to a post. I’m still having a conversation with the Discourse folks to check notifications for replies to a post.
-wim

1 Like

i had the same issue, it must have switched automatically, i accepted that ‘bug’ till i systematically checked through the settings.

1 Like

Anders -

Do you have examples of missing reply notifications?
I see there’s something going on in that “How to delete a layer from GH?” thread. Are there any other threads that you know of or that you suspect something going on with?
-wim

Only to the extent that @seltzdesign had only received one notification that I had replied to him in that thread. I had another suspicion, but haven’t heard back on that one yet. And then there’s cases like this. It could also just be the WFH cabin fever kicking in :eyes: