NORMAL word in all viewports, I don't know what is it

Hi, I am seeing “NORMAL” word on my viewports for R7, any idea what is it?

Hi Francisco - please run the SystemInfo command in Rhino and copy/paste the results here.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, good morning.
Here you go:

Rhino 7 SR8 2021-7-15 (Rhino 7, 7.8.21196.05001, Git hash:master @ 45c1fd6dc85c7c1cce8c0bbe6f3e16481ae9abfa)
License type: Commercial, build 2021-07-15
License details: LAN Zoo Network Node

Windows 10.0.19042 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 9-13-2021 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 472.12
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0
- Secondary monitor attached to adapter port #1

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU's maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 9-13-2021
Driver Version: 30.0.14.7212
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Users\facundo.asencio\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins\RhinoAdmin (16c726b6-2134-431d-8a12-ec68f667ae1a)\2.4.7401.21031\RhinoAdminPlugin.rhp "RhinoAdmin" 2.4.7401.21031

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp "Commands" 7.8.21196.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp "Renderer Development Kit"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RPC.rhp "RPC"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp "AnimationTools"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp "Rhino Render" 7.8.21196.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp "Legacy Rhino Render"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp "RDK_EtoUI" 7.8.21196.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp "Renderer Development Kit UI"
C:\Users\facundo.asencio\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins\PanelingTools (6caed836-bc06-4ebc-b1fd-e10886a0dc94)\2018.3.1.650\PanelingTools.rhp "PanelingTools"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp "Snapshots"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp "RhinoCycles" 7.8.21196.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp "Toolbars" 7.8.21196.5001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp "3Dconnexion 3D Mouse"
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp "Displacement"

Hi Francisco - if you block that plug-in in Options > Plug-ins page and then close and reopen Rhino, does that go away?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal.
That specific plugin is homogeneous among all our Rhino instances (averaging 33 users at the same time), we use it to ensure company-wide settings are the same for all our users.
Regardless, the problem remains:

Hi Francisco - I would also disable those other plug-ins and see; Rhino is not adding that label on its own, there must be a plug-in.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
I see, we’ve disabled all the plugins and the message it’s still there,

Here’s another Rhino 7 (different computer) which does not display this and has the same plugins:

Well, if it’s not a Rhino thing then first of all thanks for responding and trying to help.

It’s a minor concern but it’s a mysterious one.

Best,

That is pretty odd - I cannot think what, other than a plug-in might be drawing that in Rhino viewports.I am not aware of anything in plain Rhino that would do that.

-Pascal

Ok, I guess it’s going to remain a mystery then hah,
Thanks.

maybe it is in the template. look in your display modes if there is an image in the background.
certainly would work.

1 Like

Hi @encephalon,

Nice idea. Unfortunately the OP’s first screenshot shows the viewport has no wallpaper loaded.

Regards
Jeremy

That might be one of the on-line Gaming tools that come in some display drivers.
For Nvidia, choose the “Studio” driver to generally avoid these interactive gaming tools that are of no use in Rhino.

1 Like

Did you restart Rhino after disabling these plug-ins?

1 Like

not wallpaper, background image in the display modes, you can select colors gradients images…

Doesn’t a background bitmap scale/move as you zoom/pan the window? Comparing the different screenshots it looks like the text remains constant, so on that basis I don’t think it can be a background bitmap. Unless you know of a way of locking the bitmap to the viewport?

If it were me, I would:

Any luck?

I think you may have the Nvidia “Experience” gaming tools installed and running.
That’s just a guess.

1 Like

no it does not scale, move with navigation. why would it when it is in the display mode. it sticks like a logo. it does scale depending on the viewport size though, looking at the word normal i would say that it looks pretty narrow.

just to be sure i am talking the same language, there where you set the background color for wireframe for instance cant you load in an image? i am on a mac i can use an image instead of a selected color or gradient. i am pretty sure you can too, since the display mode pen has some image either.

1 Like

Pascal, I think you sent this to the wrong email address.

BEst,

image3c5a0e.JPG

The user is running a Quadro P1000 with the studio drivers, Quadro does not have any “gaming” drivers, nor the Geforce Gaming Panel or something similar.

We’ll check tomorrow thoroughly, but I wanted to give you a quick update.

Bests,

1 Like

Thanks - sorry!

-Pascal