Noob question

What is the problem in SIMPLIFY every component in grasshopper in the will of save processing power?

Do you mean the simplify option on component inputs and outputs?

yes.

It has nothing to do with processing power. It just simplifies the data tree path addresses to remove unnecessary levels.

The data is transported (from output/source to input/target) in a structure called DataTree or Tree.
You can transport a data by the path {0} or any other path ({0;0;2;4;1}, {999}, {1}…).
You can transport a list of data via {0} or any other.
You can transport two or more data lists in two or more path, such as {0;0} and {0;1} or any other.
You can transport a data tree with any amount of data and organized in the path you want, for example in three branches {0;0;0}, {0;0;1}, {0;0;2}. Then, since the first two 0’s here are expendable, with “simplify” you have {0}, {1} and {2} for a simpler treatment. Just change the path, like changing a name or label, doesn’t change the data or how it’s structured (in principle) or anything else.

1 Like

oh, i see, thanks.
Im having a really struggle triyng to make this file lighter, but i relly dont know how.
Do u have any sugestion?

sandman.gh (39.7 KB)

A lot of the weight has to do with the 3d voronoi component, I believe there’s a better one.
Metahopper has a tool for detecting bottlenecks.

1 Like

great.
thanks a lot!