Newbie - Snap Ring Grooves

I am new to Rhino and for that matter 3d CAD. I have created a cylinder with an offset (eccentric) hole in it. I am now needing to add a snap ring groove around the exterior of the cylinder. I have searched every thing I can think of to find this with no luck. Can you guys help? Thanks.

Hello Jeff,
Sorry if I misunderstood your problem and/or level of your proficiency.

You could create a groove into cylinder by creating profile curve, then revolving it around the axis (Revolve command) to create solid which can be subtracted from the cylinder afterwards (BooleanDifference command).

See attached image and Rhino file.

Untitled.3dm (258.3 KB)

Please explain further if needed.

Best,
Jonas

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Jonish mcneel@discoursemail.com 9/28/2017 4:46 PM >>>

Jonish
( Profile - Jonish - McNeel Forum)
September 28
Hello Jeff,
Sorry if I misunderstood your problem and/or level of your proficiency.
You could create a groove into cylinder by creating profile curve, then revolving it around the axis (Revolve command) to create solid which can be subtracted from the cylinder afterwards (BooleanDifference command).
See attached image and Rhino file.
Untitled.3dm
( https://global.discourse-cdn.com/mcneel/uploads/default/original/3X/d/2/d2957ed6b4725d762148edb8d8c50fdf5b91c03c.3dm) (258.3 KB)Please explain further if needed.
Best,
Jonas
Visit Topic
( Newbie - Snap Ring Grooves - #2 by Jonish) or reply to this email to respond.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
( McNeel Forum) .