New Video Tutorial: Modeling Complex Transitions

In this advanced tutorial, learn to model smooth transitions using combinations of fillets, sweeps and network surfaces.

8 Likes

Brian,
As always this is super helpful and it shows me many tools that I was not aware of. I work with Rhino nearly every day and seem to learn how to do different ways of using the software as each day passes.

Question! Is there a way that someone like me can either download videos such as this, or is there a library where these videos can be purchased. I had a video download program designed for youtube videos but it will not work on Rhinos Vimeo videos. If I have the videos on my computer I can go back to them when I can’t remember something I saw, they are very valuable resources.

Another question many of the videos I see and always your videos seem to be made with a software rather than being shot over the shoulder with a video camera.Your videos just show the computer screen with what seems voice recording as you do your magic. I would like to have something like this for myself for future use.

Thank you for taking the time to make these videos I look forward to future videos you post.

All my best … Danny

You should see this download option on the www.vimeo.com/rhino site directly versus playing it embedded here.

Screen recording can be done with lots of different programs. Some are freeware such as Camstudio but if you spend a little you can get more control and better output with something like Debut. Conversion to standard formats like mp4 .h264 is good if you plan to share online.

1 Like

Thank you Brian for this information. I will check into the screen recording software and most likely not go with the free ones. Free usually means limited.

All my best … Danny

Brian,
You would think that after this many years of using the web and having my own website I would scroll down the page. I now am having a great time downloading what I think are important videos to a folder on my computer so I can check them when needed. One is your Hello Gumball video I watched it early on when I upgraded to Rhino5 and saw many things you did, but only seeing it once left much to be desired, now I can spend the time to figure out what you do at my leisure.

You are a true asset to this forum!

All my best … Danny

1 Like

Oh stop, you’re making me blush whic cuases typos.

Agreed, it seems as though there is always more to learn with Rhino, which I enjoy. Thanks Brian, for putting these together, I’m always on the lookout for your videos and what I’ll glean from them.

New video about the same topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eb7n-UrIoo