New UI: How to move the panel tabs to the other side

I noticed that the tabs for the panels always dock on the side away from the viewport. Is there a way to dock then so that the tabs face the viewport? Like this:

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like

Hi -

I’ve added that request to RH-69840 Provide an option to display container tabs at the top when docked on the left or right side
-wim

Related to this: the magic pin [to hide the panels] is missing when docked on the left [in Mac at least]

Yep- right now, this is restricted to the right hand dockers.
I’ll see if I can find out what the plan is, there…

-Pascal

+1 on the ability for vertical tabs to be on the other side as well.
(and still hope horizontal tabs will be available in the new UI as before)

Thanks Wim.

RH-69840 is fixed in the latest WIP

1 Like

Thanks Brian.

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see how to dock the tabs vertically, but on the other side. Is that possible with the latest WIP? I do see the horizontal setting.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan -

That’s not yet possible, no. RH-69840 only took care of that initial request in the report.
As of now, the horizontal/vertical position is a global setting and applied to all containers so that probably still wouldn’t do much good if you were able to get them on the other side…
At any rate - does this one cover what you need - RH-67353 Docked panel containers don’t have properties for tab positions
-wim

Hi Wim,

RH-67353’s comment by John sounds like what I’m after. Overriding the tab locations per container would be the solution.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Like