New Rhino 6 + Legacy Rhino 5 Lic access?

Hmm, I swear I read that here somewhere…

@brian will know.
What I described is how is has been working.
There may have been a change that I didn’t hear about.

A V5 license was needed to get access to a V6 (Windows) WIP license, but the WIP license was separate. I have a zillion mails from a certain Brian Gillespie with the following:

"Your Rhino WIP license is: RH6B…

I assumed simply that the same would be true on the Mac side.

So, yes, my statement was not clear - what I meant to say is that a V5 Mac key will be valid to obtain a V6 WIP key. And I guess you would have to install them in the Zoo… So, in the end it’s probably just easier to install the final V6 keys if you already bought them… my bad.

To muddy the waters even more:

1. A Rhino 5 for Mac license key will be necessary to download the Rhino 6 for Mac WIP builds. It may be that Rhino 6 license keys will also be allowed to download Rhino 6 for Mac WIP builds.
  2. A Rhino 6 license key will work to run Rhino 6 for Windows, Rhino 6 for Mac, and Rhino 7 WIP (both platforms).
  3. Rhino 6 license keys in the Zoo will not be visible to Rhino 6 for Mac WIP builds.

Hi,
I have two licenses, one RH 4.0 and one 5.0 that I have upgraded from version 4.( on the CD)
I have new office, and need for two seats, one that is my laptop with version 5, that I will keep using, and
another that I want to upgrade my old version 4. to RH 6 and install it on new machine.
Since time for the upgrade is closing, I am interested is this solution possible. The licenses were named on my
old office name that is now closed.

No, actually you have only one license, as the upgrade version does not give you the right to run two licenses at once. It’s a common misconception.

So if you have upgraded a V4 license to V5, then you cannot use the V4 license to upgrade again to V6. You can upgrade the V5 license to V6 - which still means you have only one license, but that license could be used on multiple computers as long as you do not run them simultaneously. If you need to run a second Rhino simultaneously on a different machine, you will have to buy an additional full license.

If I misunderstood your original post and you actually started out with two V4 licenses, then yes, you can upgrade the one which was not used to upgrade to V5 to upgrade directly to V6…

i have two licenses ,one that is upgraded from the version 1.0, from the start, and is the license is on my laptop, the other is originally 4.0 license that is licensed something about 2006 that I want to upgrade for 6.0
Is it possible?

Yep, if you have two licenses, then you’re good to go for two upgrades!