Network surface rhino 5 vs 6

Hi
Currently I’m trying to move my GH definition to Serengeti but my Network Surface doesn’t work…what could be a reason for that?
network_surface.gh (28.7 KB)

The network surface is made successfully here in the WIP but the preview for it was disabled.

Is your question about why the notes panel reports ‘untrimmed surface’? The baked surface looks good when running the ‘What’ command on it as well.

Very strange because it doesn’t work on my machine. As You can see in WIP I get null when in V5 I get Untrimmed Surface…the result you get. What could be a reason that it works for you but doesn’t for me?
I’m on
Rhino WIP WIP 2016-10-18 (10/18/2016)

I’m not sure. Does the Network Surface component work with your curves? It produces the same result as your script component here.

Grasshopper component doesn’t work for me neither standard Rhino Command

Hi Lukasz - this was fixed here the other day and should work for you in the next WIP build.

-Pascal

Please try this again in the next public WIP and let me know if it still doesn’t work for you. I see some recent NetworkSrf fixes over the last few days that may be involved here.

Perfect! Thank you guys this is all I wanted to hear. Much appreciated.

The other thing I’ve noticed in Rhino WIP is behaviour of Brep.CreateBlendSurface Method in compare to Blend Surface command.

the one on the left is result of Brep.CreateBlendSurface Method
the one on the right is Blend Surface Rhino command
Both set to Tangency
Is there any way of getting the same result using Brep.CreateBlendSurface Method?
blend_surface_method.gh (210.2 KB)

Can confirm with the new WIP build network surface does work…but not the way meant to be I guess :pensive:

I double checked. It does work with Edge Tolerance of 0.01…everything above gives this weird result

Thanks, I see this now but I’m not sure what’s going on. I’ve filed it for the developers here…
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-36130

RH-36130 is fixed in the latest WIP

Perfect! Can confirm, works like a charm now, thank you.