Neon - RhinoScript support?

Would it be possible to access some Neon functionality via RhinoScript?
For starters I would like to be able to tell which iteration the rendering is at or stop rendering past certain iteration.

Thanks,

Jarek

Cycles + scripting
(Andrew le Bihan) #2

It would certainly be possible. This is something that I’ve been thinking about for a little while - but I’d like to do it in a way that works for (potentially) all progressive renderers.

That’s great that you plan to look into adding it Andy.
Of course the more features are accessible via script the more ideas it would give me but for now I have been using the multiple screencaptures script that I can make wait X number of seconds so Neon can get to the better quality - but if there was an access to it via script, I’d rather make it wait for certain iteration as depending on the view the # of seconds doesn’t always result in same quality.

I’d be happy to help out test it when available.

This would be a huge boon for animations, especially if we can hook up neon to the rhino animation toolbar (fly throughs, sun studies, etc). Neon is perfect for animations since it’s so fast.

(Wim Dekeyser) #5

This should be exposed to Bongo then as well.

(Brian James) #6

Bongo can already delay the frame capture by a number of seconds but it’s not based on samples. I’m lobbying for a sample value to be reached before capture instead. The time needed will change depending on what’s in the view. Like this if you agree.

(Wim Dekeyser) #7

I know of the delay, it’s the samples I’m thinking of. So, Yes, LIKE.

I was reading this on my mobile but there I cannot tell the difference between the icons at the bottom. There are just 5 little squares next to each other - I’ll have to learn that the first one is the heart, I suppose…

While at it, I don’t understand why some of the attached pictures show up on my mobile phone but some others do not. The phone is not on the company network so they shouldn’t be blocked. Some just won’t display. Another IE 8 requirement? [I guess that as long as I get in most of the http on the phone and company network I shouldn’t complain :-]

Has any progress been made on this topic? I too would like to be able to in RhinoScript set a number of Neon iterations to wait for before continuing the script.

Thanks

Carl

(Andrew le Bihan) #9

Nothing yet, sorry.