Neon Crashing

Seems like lately when I try to run neon with simple geometry it just crashes out of rhino. I’ve found that opening a new empty scene of rhino, creating simple geometry , running neon and then pasting the original geometry I intended to render in the scene is the only way to get neon to work.

Has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps having other apps (cad, etc) open that use the graphics card maybe causing this?

I’m running a gtx 295.

thanks

(Andrew le Bihan) #2

It’s got nothing to do with the graphics card. Can you send me a model which crashes for you?

STEPS -2012-12-05.3dm (444.5 KB)

Hello Andy,

I’ve attached the model in question.

Thanks

(Andrew le Bihan) #4

That model works perfectly here. Are you saying that if you load that model into a fresh instance of Rhino, and activate Neon, it crashes?

When I just open the model and activate neon it will crash. If I run a empty instance of rhino and activate neon and then finally copy the geometry into the blank rhino instance then I can toggle neon on and off without crashing.

(Andrew le Bihan) #6

OK - I’m not getting that here. When Neon crashes, do you get to submit a crash report? Are you doing that?

If not, what exactly happens? Do you get the “Resin Assert” dialog box? Could you take a screen capture of what you see?

• Andy

I held off on submitting a crash report to post on here in case if anyone else was having the same issue. I submitted a crash report along with the 3dm file. I don’t get a “resin assert” dialog box.

(Andrew le Bihan) #8

OK - I don’t see it here yet. I’ll look out for it.