Need some tip for finding solution

Guys
Need some advice. I’m sure it is easy, it’s only me having weak moment.
I have a series of faceted domes, like this one:

I need to divide each face equally (through it’s centre point) end then join neighbouring faces around vertices into polysurfaces, meaning the X number of vertices will result the same X number of polysurfaces.

I went as far as subdividing faces, extracting the nodes and creating the tree (by using pull point to geometry) that reflects the connections but I can’t make it work.
I would welcome any solution, it doesn’t need to follow my logic.
The solution would need to take into consideration the fact that initial surfaces may not be sharing the same edge (offset inward), I applied some tolerance for that which is set to zero now (equality component).
faceted dome subdivision.gh (11.6 KB)

First the idea is not clear, second your file don’t have the geometry

Sorry if I wasn’t clear:
I want to go from this:

to this, where each colour represent individual instance (surface and polysurface)

colors are randomly assigned to show the intention
Sorry I forgot to internalize the data.
faceted dome subdivision.gh (59.5 KB)

1 Like

faceted dome subdivision 2.gh (61.1 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks!
I knew the solution is just around the corner.
I should have thought of collision one-many. The sphere size solves the eventual gaps between the panels.

I gave second thought to it and it can be achieved simplier way with fewer components without using physical intersection which slows down the computation.
I was right using pull point to geometry, just got stuck with data tree. What I needed was banal Cull Pattern :thinking:

Another way you could try with is using sandbox topology plugin.

faceted dome subdivision_re.gh (60.7 KB)

3 Likes