Need insight into getting 'piped' curves to look leaky and deposited like in these pictures

I’m trying to capture the nature of these 3D printed models I have

I was thinking if I could just change the radius of piped curves and have them morph in certain parts that could do the trick.

It’s definitely been done before:

but I couldn’t figure out how.

I tried using pufferfish but couldn’t find a way to do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For the piping I used ZBrush, you can also use Dendro

1 Like

What did you export as base mesh(es) to ZBrush for DynaMesh-ing?

Just a thin mesh pipe of each segment.

2 Likes

Dendro can certainly handle getting an FDM printed look. If you download the plugin and check the Examples folder you will find some samples that might help.
You could look at creating a base mesh that is your overall form then using the mesh vertices for the Dendro point to volume component (see attached).
Alternatively, you could project curves onto your base form then use those with the Dendro curve to volume component. All really depends on the exact look you are trying to get and where/how you want to control that look.

1 Like

Thank you so much!! its so cool to here directly from the developer :slight_smile:

I was wondering if everytime someone mentions pufferfish you get a notification or was this just a coincidence?

thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate the example and explaination!!
Stay Safe!!!