Need help with Rhino 2.0 command script

The following is part of a Rhino 2.0 command script –

! split
zoomextentsall

When this block is pasted into Rhino 2.0 command line, split first executes zoomextentsall and afterwards requests the object that should be split. This is shown by the following command history –

Command: Paste
Command: split
Select objects to split: zoomextentsall
Select objects to split:

However, I want the split command to first completely execute without invoking zoomextentsall. Then after split completes, zoomextentsall should execute. I seem to remember that there is a way to do this but now it eludes me.

Rhino 2.0, Windows 10

Thanks,
Don C.

I’m surprised that Rhino 2 works on windows 10! It is really hard to find people having access to Rh 2 other than people from Mceel. Maybe @dale

I think if you eliminate the ! (escape), and preselect the object before running the macro, it will work.

Or you can leave the ! in and add a pause after Split to allow you to select it, you’ll have better luck.

Per your first suggestion, if I preselect the object and then paste the following –

split
zoomextentsall

Then zoomextentsall still executes as part of split. The command history shows –

Select cutting object. Press Enter to clear selection and start over: zoomextentsall
Select cutting object. Press Enter to clear selection and start over:

=========================================

Per your second suggestion, if I paste the following –

! split
pause
zoomextentsall

Then zoomextentsall still executes as part of split. The command history shows –

pause
Select objects to split:
Select objects to split:
Select cutting object: zoomextentsall
Select cutting object:
Select cutting object:
Splitting… Press Esc to cancel

=========================================
However, your second suggestion works if I use 2 pauses instead of one –

! split
pause
pause
zoomextentsall

Then the command history shows –

pause
Select objects to split:
Select objects to split: pause
Select cutting object:
Splitting… Press Esc to cancel
Command: zoomextentsall

Apparently a pause is needed for each of the two commands that split executes (Select objects to split, Select cutting object).

Thanks.