Need help merging surfaces

Hi, I’m new to the forum and am seeking some help. In the attached file, I am trying to add the 4.5 degree ramp to the rest of the part. It needs to remain flat but also needs to blend seamlessly with the rest of the part. Can someone show me how to do this?

Thanks, Don

Here’s the file. 999.3dm (1.2 MB)

Hi Don - if it is to blend seamlessly, there needs to be a transition area that will cut into either the ramp or the larger surface or both - is that what you have in mind? It looks like, probably, you intend the larger surface to be cut back for the transition, right?

Or, maybe only ‘seamless’ on the upper end?

Here’s a start, not sure what you need…
999_PG.3dm (1.2 MB)

-Pascal

Hi Pascal

The thing is that the ramp is a gluing surface for another part. A transition would be ok. But the end of the ramp would have to be even with or slightly above the other surface. This is a guitar. The neck gets glued to the ramp. Aesthetics are very important on this project.

Thanks
Don

Do you want to see the whole file?

Hi Don - it sounds like maybe ‘seamless’ is not what I was thinking - you just want this ramp cut into the body of the guitar then? No smooth transition?

-Pascal

No. I need a smooth transition.

So… what I sent back had a smooth transition at the upper end of the ramp was that wrong, or incomplete (maybe you need the transitions on the sides as well) … or?

-Pascal