Need help creating Spiral/Coil model

I am a new user to Rhino. I am familiar more so with Maya but it just seemed time to explore with this program for the project I am working on.

I am trying to create a model based off of a free form curve that I can add a helix to and a pipe solid mesh but NEED TO still be able to edit/manipulate the original curve at anytime. Is this possible, and if so, could I have some suggestions about how to go about this?

I have already had success making a free form curve, adding a helix, and then a pipe solid. I have also used the same method to create a free form closed curve and add a helix but for some reason cannot add a solid. In the end game of this situation, Iā€™d like to be able to know how to do all of this with a closed and open curve so I could join two curves together if I had to. Hopefully I used the right vocab. I appreciate any assistance people can give me or if you could point me in the right direction.

Hi Pure- if, when you add the Pipe, you turn on History recording, this gets the editability you need.

-Pascal

1 Like