Need help creating a Cut list from a Rhino Model

Hello DJ,
Your script is almost exactly what I am looking for. I have a few questions about your workflow. From reading the “Rhino Part Assembly Management” PDF you posted, I get the impression that you had a collection of parts first, and then created assemblies? Or Am I wrong?
With my situation, we have a modular frame system which is applied to an existing wall which is built by others. This wall varies greatly from project to project. Thus our frame varies greatly from project to project. The project is a recurring rehad to an automotive franchise and it’s numerous locations. Although it’s the same design, the same kit of parts, the same part numbers, in each project, some parts must be modified to accommodate the varying locations. The whole thing is made of aluminum angle. Thus the only thing which varies is length.

Here is my real question. When I am taking our frame and modifying it to a specific location, I work like this. I have a Rhino model full of angle pieces which are all blocks. The name of the block is the part number. I will bring in a frame and use block editor to shorten or lengthen the angle as needed and then exit block editor. Once I am done with all the pieces I can go into block manager and export each block as a separate rhino file. QUESTION. How do I go about using this script?
Would I go into each individual export block and apply a dimension string?

The issue is that I do not know what size my blocks will be till the frame has been customized. It’s the order of how the script is used that has me a little confused.