Need advice to use procedural material in Rhino 7

Hi
I download wood material
walnut - Nussbaum | Food4Rhino

walnut-nussbaum.zip (1.3 MB)
Very impressed, but I do not know how to use it.

Need advice

Thank
Travis

You need to apply mapping to your box. Search for ‘rhino mapping’ on youtube, plenty of good results there.

1 Like

Hi @mich.platter
I watched several video, but they introduce mapping with texture map.
Did you try with this material?

Thank
Travis

Hi @travis.designer.vn
Try copying the UV mapping from the example file (MatchMapping) to se how it’s done. Notice that the mapping type he’s using is planar (UVW) with a XYZ size of ~440. Once you’ve copied/matched the mapping, show the mapping widget of your own object (using MappingWidget) to move it about/scale/rotate using the gumball - and use MappingWidgetOff to turn it off again. Hope that helps :slight_smile:
-Jakob

1 Like

Hi @Normand
Thank for your advices
It worked

Thank
Travis

Hi
I try to apply to real world table top size 500x1000x25mm

I active UVEditor

the wood rings should be straight in the top of table
Do you have any sugguest making real wood. Not require to use this material. may be use other method?

Thank
Travis

Hi Travis

I noticed, that some of my wood materials get damaged, when opened in Rhino 7 (and when I look at your pictures, they seem to be).

So I updated all my materials and added some demo content. They are now available here.

I think using the UV-Editor doesn’t help you much. It is good for planar mapping of textures, but then you run into problems with the seams in your models (and even a simple table has many of them). UVW-mapping in contrast is fast and intuitive to use.

1 Like