Named positions command Rhino OSX

Is this available on the Mac version? I cannot find the icon ( Move Icons) or command.

Randy

Rhino 6 for Mac WIP build 6.12.18324.12016
(Marlin Prowell) #2

NamedPosition is not yet implemented.

OK, thanks Marlin

Has this feature been included yet? If so, where can I find it?
Thanks!

(Dan Belcher) #5

Has this feature been included yet? If so, where can I find it?

It has (still) not yet been implemented.

hi dan,
I’m a happy rhino Mac user. I’m an architect and not a developer so I don’t like to talk about things I don’t know good.
that’s my question:
why 3 years after the first request about this feature, it is not yet still implemented? it’s so long and difficult the work to do this?

(Dan Belcher) #7

Hi @lopez-

Good question. Is it hard? Probably not. Do we have literally thousands of things to do? Definitely.

The best answer I can give is: prioritization is hard. We are a tiny company with limited resources and we have to make difficult decisions about what gets prioritized every day (at the moment, there are about ~500 unresolved issues with Rhino for Mac in particular and about 6900 unresolved issues with Rhino in general.) We tend to address issues that are preventing users from getting their work done first (like real show-stopper issues)…then after that we tend to address those issues that we hear about most frequently from users.

NamedPosition is definitely on our list (RH-36675). At the moment, it’s slated to be addressed some time in Rhino 6 for Mac. I will bump this to a 6.0 issue right now…which means we’ll do our best to get this into Rhino 6 for Mac before it ships.

Does any of that make sense?

(Dan Belcher) #8

NamedPositions is now available in the latest RhinoWIP for Rhino 6 for Mac over in Serengeti:Mac.