My Rhino File Disappeared (Mac)

I was attempting to duplicate my file and I accidentally hit rename twice before finally hitting duplicate. The duplicate file opened empty so I decided to copy the file manually in it’s folder. I closed both the empty duplicate and the original file and went to it’s folder to find the file was no longer there. I could not find it by searching on my computer, it is not in my trash and it is not in the recent items list in rhino.

My deadline is coming up soon, please help!

I’ve followed the steps you describe here and both the original file and the duplicated file are still in their original folder. Also, File > Duplicate does not produce an empty model for me.

Can you try duplicating this again, and if you are able to duplicate it, please describe in more detail exactly what you are doing.

In the meantime, I can think of two things:

1. In the Finder, select File > New Smart Folder and make a smart folder that shows all files modified in the last day or two. See if anything there looks familiar.

2. Use your Time Machine backups to retrieve an earlier version of the file.

I also have the same problem (Mac version), I recently saved my rhino file on my desktop and I quit the program. I opened the AI program and use it for a while. Then I go back and look for my Rhino file on my desktop and it just disappeared. I opened the Rhino program and it also disappeared, but other files were still there, only the file that I was looking was gone. I didn’t delete or rename or move or anything. IT JUST DISAPPEARED. If anyone know how to fix this problem, please tell me asap the project is send tomorrow. :frowning:

I have same problem few beta builds ago

Since you are using Adobe software, there is a remote possibility that this is your problem.