Murky color gradient on mesh. Help!

I colored the vertices in a mesh by z in order to create a color coded elevation map. But the result is very murky due to all the lines associated with the mesh. How do I turn off the lines so only the gradient color is displayed?
GradientMurky

Regards,
Terry.

In Options>View>Display Modes, in the display mode you are using, you could turn off mesh wire visibility - uncheck the “Show mesh wires” item on the main display mode page. Something like Rendered mode has them turned off by default.

–Mitch

I have yet to find the main display mode page but I was able to eliminate the mesh wires by setting their width to 0.

I am now in heaven, with the display showing what I want:

Thanks so much for the wonderful help!

Regards,
Terry.

1 Like

The main page for a display mode is when you click on the mode name. --Mitch

Mitch,

Thanks for walking me thru the zoo.

I changed to using your suggestion, Show mesh wires, as it more directly does what I want.

Regards,
Terry.

You can also use the display panel (I have it docked as a tab next to Properties) to quickly adjust some of the common display mode settings for the mode that’s currently active.

It’s also possible to make copies of display modes with different settings via the Options page.

–Mitch

Mitch,

You are so passionate about Rhino and it shows in the care you take to help others. I just came across some nice .py code of yours back in Sept '13 about importing and exporting colored point clouds. Essentially all of my work on Rhino 6 WIP, Beta is writing Python scripts, so it is always exciting to find new code to help with my new problems so solutions are found instead of frustration.

I look forward to the journey ahead. The best is yet to come.

Regards,
Terry.