Multi-page export to pdf

Hello, Guys

Can you please tell me how you can export several pages to PDF using the ShapeDiver / Grasshopper? To make one multi-page document? Maybe someone has a detailed example for my case?

Export PDF A4.3dm (599.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @AlexWer to create multiple pages PDFs, you need to use the ShapeDiver Merge PDFs component. To create each page of the PDF, the SquidPdf component support data trees so for each branch you will get one page. Finally, to test the result of the PDF, you can use the ShapeDiver component Write PDF which will save the PDF locally in your computer.

In this example I created a PDF with three pages, each page with a different shape:

You can check the final pdf result here: test.pdf (2.0 KB) and you can download the GH file here: multiplePagesPDF.gh (34.1 KB)

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hello,

I tried multiplePagesPDF.gh grasshopper example that you share, but writing PDF doesn’t work on my computer from some reason. Write PDF component is red and received message "Solution exception:Could not find a part of the path 'D:\PROJEKTI'. I have folder D:\PROJEKTI and I change file path on the component “file path” from Edvin’s test file path to the folder 'D:\PROJEKTI'. I tried with other folders and discs also, but it doesn’t work. In some cases I receive message " 1. Solution exception:Access to the path ‘C:' is denied.’ Why it is not work?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Every path I set is “Access Denied!”
What did you do to solve this problem ??!

I get the same error msg. Do you have a solution Edwin ?

I just tested the example and it worked for me without issues. Note that the path input to the WritePDF component must specify the full path to a pdf file, including the pdf file name, for example:

D:\PROJEKTI\test_file.pdf

Make sure the file does not exist, or, that if it exists already, it can be overwritten (file access permissions set correctly, the file is not already open…).
In general, check the writing permissions of the folder you are trying to access (it might be restricted to admin rights?).

1 Like

Ohh thanks Mathieu it worked🤌
The problem was I didnt have a raw .pdf file in the path.

1 Like