Moving points along lines with Evaluate components

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a pattern by using points moving along lines. I have done the definition with Point on curve component, and it works (Blue group in the GH file attached). However, when I try to do the same thing by using Evaluate Length (instead of Point on curve) to manually control with Slider component, I got stuck (Orange group).

Please kindly help me out!

Thanks a lot in advance, guys!

Best regards,

Anthony

Asking - Anthony.gh (29.2 KB)

You didn’t internalize your data. Please internalize the curves and re-upload the file.

1 Like

Hello Michael,

The building could be in any shapes. However, the attachments are the one I drew.

Asking - Anthony.gh (29.4 KB)
Asking - Anthony.3dm (20.1 KB)

We don’t need Rhino for the future. You should internalize the data. Right click the curve parameter and select internize.

Yes, I will do.

Is this what you want?

Asking - Anthony_re.gh (31.1 KB)

1 Like

Hi Kim,

Thank you very much for your recommendation! And my apology for the confusion of my first question!

Let us forget the Orange group. Now my alternative question is how to replace the Point-on-curve components in the Blue group with something that I can control with Slider. I hope my question is clearer now!

Please take your time to help me!

Anthony

Asking - Anthony_reV2.gh (35.1 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Kim,

This is exactly what I look for. Thanks a lot! I so…oo really appreciate your help!

Anthony