Moving objects!

This is all he needs to do is become familiar with the TAB key functionality. its probably one of the most powerful things in RHINO.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I need to practice the steps and I’ll eventually be better at it. But just based on the number of clicks, I will never be as fast in Rhino as I am in SU. And as I say, if one is not using plugins, then one is not using SU. Still, I much prefer Rhino for creating models to send to my 3D printer, but for the work I’m paid for, I’ll have to stick with SU. Something else I’ve been doing is modeling many objects is SU (where I’m fast) and importing into Rhino to work using the additional features.

Well, if you’re modeling something round like the images above, all you are going to get in SU is a bunch of mesh facettes, not real smooth geometry. If you’re going to render or for 3D printing, it may not matter, but it’s useless for any serious manufacturing.

I know. When I do imports, I either don’t bring in circular geometry, or just use those parts as reference to remake in Rhino. Still speeds up my model building.

Will you please upload the python file that is able to go into Rhino?

Hello,

Yes here it is - I simply saved the above text into a python file

MoveObjsBBCtrToW0.py (427 Bytes)

Have fun!

Graham