Move Geometry on Topography ( Surface)

Hello everyone,
I have this problem, I have an urban division distributed over a 2D surface (Photo Distribution file attached) and I would like to move it to the actual topography (photo Topography attached file), can anyone help me?

Nothing attached.

Is project Curve onto a BREP what you are looking for?

https://rhino.github.io/components/curve/project.html

thanks for the answer, but that’s not what I mean, I have a series of surveyors (buildings) built on an XY plane, and I want to project them on a 3d surface (topography), the geometry I have like the one in the picture (buildings) must follow the forms of topography.

Extract a base point of the building. Project it in z-direction onto the surface. Move building from base point to projected point. Btw still nothing attached.

Topo Building.gh (13.0 KB)

Topo Building.rar (2.6 MB)

Hope it would help

topo-project-190811.gh (18.8 KB)

Thank you very much, that’s what I was looking for

I had a similar question and thanks to you its solved! I just do not understand the value of 3000 on Line Lenght on the Line object. Why this value? thank you very much

Great! Very useful, thanks for sharing this.
It helped in placing trees on a terrain controlling the height above the ground.

Awesome script, worked like a charm, until I suddenly ran into this problem. For some reason, it spins them around and stuff… what do I do?
CAD_049 Section Prototype.gh (21.4 KB)

Please internalize curves in the gh.

• 1 year later
  • 3 months later
  • 2 years later
  • 2 months later

:slight_smile:

1 Like