Mouse wheel on menu

Hello,
In version 8 currently, the mouse wheel does not work on menu icons. Only on tab texts.
jmv

Sorry, your description does not make enough sense to me to try to duplicate what you’re describing.

Please try again with more specific detail so we can follow precisely that problem youre trying to solve.

Maybe an example and a screenshot would help.

Thanks

Hello,
Yes here is a capture with Rhino 7 then Rhino 8.

(Mouse wheel is 50% of my efficiency on Rhino :slight_smile: )
jmv

1 Like

What is this “NohBoard” tool?
I’ve never seen that tool before.

In V7, in a floating toolbar, only moving the mouse pointer changes which icon I’m over. The mouse wheel does not move the pointer in any menu I’m aware of, with one exception. If my selection pick is ambiguous, and the Selection menu pops up, then I can move between the selection options in that little menu.

I was hoping not to have to write too much in English : )

True, but that’s not what I wanted to show with the video.
In Rhino 7, turning the wheel changes tabs (and the pointer stays in place).

NohBoard is a tool for displaying mouse input. The four boxes to the right SCRL, SCRU, SCRR, SCRD are the mouse wheel SCRoll[Left, Up, Right, Down]

just tested the most recent wip and it’s working the same as v7 here. please type systeminfo in the rhino command line and paste your result here

Hello @theoutside,

sysinfo
Rhino 8 SR0 2022-12-27 (Rhino WIP, 8.0.22361.13135, Git hash:master @ c51c915253258ed1c83aaed86199b3e81cefede0)
License type: Commercial, version 2022-12-27
License details: Cloud Zoo
Expires on: 2023-02-10

Windows 11 (10.0.22621 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP 

Standard graphics configuration.
  Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (NVidia) Memory: 11GB, Driver date: 12-5-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 527.56
    > Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
        - Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0
        - Secondary monitor attached to adapter port #1

Secondary graphics devices.
  Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 6-1-2021 (M-D-Y).
    > Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
        - There are no monitors attached to this device!

OpenGL Settings
  Safe mode: Off
  Use accelerated hardware modes: On
  Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
  Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU's maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
  Mip Map Filtering: Linear
  Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
  Render version: 4.6
  Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
  Driver Date: 12-5-2022
  Driver Version: 31.0.15.2756
  Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
  Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
  Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
  Total Video Memory: 11 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
  C:\Users\jmvre\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\8.0\FixWindowsToolbar\1.0.0\FixWindowsToolbar.rhp	"FixWindowsToolbar"	1.0.0.0

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp	"Commands"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp	"WebBrowser"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp	"Renderer Development Kit"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp	"RhinoScript"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp	"IdleProcessor"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp	"Rhino Render"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp	"RDK_EtoUI"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp	"Renderer Development Kit UI"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp	"Snapshots"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp	"RhinoCycles"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCode\RhinoRoslyn.rhp	"RhinoRoslyn"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCode\RhinoCodePlugin.rhp	"RhinoCodePlugin"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\RhinoCode\RhinoCPython.rhp	"RhinoCPython"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp	"Toolbars"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp	"3Dconnexion 3D Mouse"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp	"Displacement"	
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\ConstraintsUI.rhp	"Constraints UI"	8.0.22361.13135
  C:\Program Files\Rhino 8 WIP\Plug-ins\SectionTools.rhp	"SectionTools"	

jmv

With the 1st version of Rhino 7 I had problems with the 3DConnextion plugins. I just turned it off to see but it didn’t change anything.

what is this? FixWindowsToolbar.rhp?

A plugin that I forgot to deactivate.
I just did that, disabled Rhino 7 in the background and other software. I deleted the only package present in package management (GH2) but it didn’t change anything.
I looked and changed something in advanced options but nothing changed.

I discover the new Tool > Toolbar Layout configuration box because I wanted to restore the toolbars (just in case)
2 things :
How do I load a RUI file into Rhino 8?
And as you can see, the dialog is taller than the height of my screen.

This has been reported and is logged
RH-72216

1 Like

Hello, Happy New Year to you !!
I ask the question again:

And there is no solution to my problem?

One way is to go into Tools > Options > Toolbars. Here you’ll find a section with Linked Files and in the bottom of the screen there is an add button to add a new, or load an existing.

1 Like

Thanks @Gijs ,
Unfortunately, the toolbar did not solve my problem.

Rhino 8 is not for tomorrow, but here is how I work.
I have a toolbar group for each object type, and each toolbar group group has 2 toolbars, one “creation”, another “modification”. for example [solid creation / solid modification] [curve creation / curve modification]. I switch between the 2 with the mouse wheel.

I couldn’t use v8 if it removes this possibility (or if I can’t use it on my system).

As for the scrollwheel over tabs / toolbars: RH-72232 Scrollwheel on multitabbed containers should also work when mouse cursor is over the toolbars

1 Like

Ok thanks @Gijs ,
Can you confirm that you don’t have this problem on your machine?

No (as in: it happens here too, otherwise I would have mentioned it in the report that I cannot repeat it). FYI: on Mac v7, scrolling on the toolbars is not possible at all, so v8 currently adds something on Mac and removes a feature on Windows…

1 Like

RH-72232 is fixed in Rhino 8 Service Release 7 Release Candidate

1 Like

Good! Works perfectly for me!!