Morphing control points not possible

Hi,

I tried to animate a surface like here described:

But I don’t got it working at Rhino 6 here. Did I have overseen something or is it not working anymore?

I selected control points, enabled animation and moved the control points, but no keyframe is added.

(My goal is to animate a label which is removed from a package. At the moment I got it per _flow working.)

-Micha

Remove Label.3dm (336.7 KB)

Micha,
Your workflow is correct but unfortunately Morphing isn’t operational for ‘trimmed’ surfaces (rounded corners).
I fear Morphing is only able to peel of rectangular labels.
Luc

Oh, so, could it be possible to animate the control points of trimmed surfaces too please? Since it is possible manual to edit control points, why not make allow an automatic manipulation? I hope it could be added to Bongo 3 at least. :wink:

Maybe it’s the same current limit - it could be nice to get _cageedit (with history) working for Bongo animations too.

We have an open issue for cage edit morphing here.

Trimmed surfaces inability to morph may just be an oversight. I logged the issue here since I couldn’t find an existing one. I’ll look into it when I get a chance.

1 Like

Hi Micha,

It should be available in the next WIP

3 Likes

I checked it at Rhino 7 here and it doesn’t work. Doe’s it work in Rhino 8 only?

Is not a matter of Rhino version, but a matter of Bongo version.
Morphing trimmed surfaces is feasible in Bongo 's 3.0 WIP.
Trimmed

1 Like

It’s nice to see it on the way, but I can’t use Bongo 3 WIP, V-Ray doesn’t support the WIP, since the connection is to fragile. I hope we will get the jump to a final release soon as possible. It’s a pity that we have no progress over years for the production ready Bongo version.

2 Likes