Modeling Precast Barriers atop of bridge Deck

Hi Everyone

I am looking forward for your help in Modeling Precast barriers on Bridge deck.
in Autocad it modeled on ground by extruding the barrier outline along some curves and then using 3d align to move it into position.
i am looking forward to move the lines into deck and sweep/extrude it along that lines while having same 20mm gap between each barrier. looks bit tricky but definatliy your help will uplift me by performance and time consuming on Autocad.
@Joseph_Oster , @martinsiegrist , @HS_Kim Please if you look at and share your experience.

Best Regards
M.Ismail
Deck - Top.3dm (4.2 MB)
Deck-Top.gh (24.9 KB)

I’ve looked at the files in your previous topic and I don’t understand what the result is supposed to look like.

Please add a screenshot of the expected result.

Hi Martin
yes please there is snapshot.

I created a region union of your two sections.

Then I aligned the planes with the cross product of the Z vector and the line.

The result looks like this:

Maybe you’re too far away from the origin… I moved everything closer to the origin for the loft and joining of the prep and caps and then back to your location.

Deck-Top.gh (32.7 KB)

What is this for?

there was only deck line in previous model. so i share this to let you see actual deck top.
Anyway thanks very much for your time. And have a good day.

Ok, I’m not going to import your *.dwg

If that is required, please internalise it in the Grasshopper file.

In general it would be better to have the inputs internalised in the GH definition.

Ohh Sorry the model has Deck suface already in off layer.
Ok Noted. will action next time. Thanks

1 Like

@martinsiegrist Thanks very much for earlier help. please if you can split the stiches at end of modeling. Bec they are separate part.
I am trying since yesterday but not successful so far.

Thanks Again
M.ismail

Deck-Top.gh (33.8 KB)

I internalised all inputs.

The simple way to do this is by copy / pasting a part of the definition.

Hi @martinsiegrist . Thanks for swift response. i was thinking of similar approach but was more interested to learn more option of the object’s been separated at end. well i will keep with that.
Thanks alot again.

I noticed a mistake in my previous files. You had directions to align the planes provided so that is fixed now.

Here’s an approach where the two polylines are provided in a tree and the orientation to the planes is done for the entire data tree just once. At the end, you can shift the data tree and all of the large elements are in one branch {0} and the smaller elements in path {1}

Deck-Top.gh (32.7 KB)

it was wonderful. @martinsiegrist Really appreciate and thank for the help.

1 Like