Model placement issue

Hi everyone,

I am trying to place a model to a freeform surface, by vertices.
I had created a surface, and split it with projected gridlines. Then, I have created a model, and place it to the sections by centroid.

The problem is that, when I use surface split, it split to 100 small surfaces with 100 complete surfaces, and lead to duplicated model placement in the middle of the complete surface.

Also, I am trying to place the model normal to the surface, but do not know how to do.

May someone tell me what should I do to fix this? Thanks for answering this question.

File attached:
Model placement test 01.gh (26.5 KB)

If you don’t want overlapping geometries especially on the negative curvature part of your surface, you could use Surface Morph, but you can’t avoid getting deformed geometries on your surface. If you don’t like deformed geometries, then try to use Orient instead…

Model placement test 01_re.gh (19.0 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response.
Currently, I am studying grasshopper on youtube, and facing some issue while using Orient.
In the video, the bricks would tangent to the curved surface, but I am having some issue on the XZ plane.
The bricks always aligning to the X axis, and I have no idea how to fix it.
Video link and Grasshopper file attached.
Thank you so much for helping!

Reference video: Grasshopper Tutorial | Parametric Brick Wall - YouTube

Attached file: Brick Wall ask 01.gh (25.7 KB)

The Source and Target inputs to the Orient component should be planes.

You have an extra Point component between the upper Data component and Cull Pattern component (look at the tutorial at 11:32).

Also the Source input to the Orient component should be connected to the Plane component as shown (14:40 in tutorial video).

-Kevin

Problem fixed.
Thank you so much for your help.