Missing refresh in viewport when editing max iterations

I don’t see this behavior, rendering continues just fine when rotating view after editing max pass count.

I don’t see flickering here either. I think a video recorded with an external device would here communicate better what is going on :slight_smile:

I have made a nice one :slight_smile: But it is 80MB. I have to figure out how to share it with you, but I need to run now, so tomorrow morning I will finish this.

You can use http://www.rhino3d.com/upload and fill nathan@mcneel.com in the recipient field.

/Nathan

(For videos that can be publicly shared I just use youtube)

I have uploaded it now. The video was made with my iPhone, and Apple sets the orientation flag rather than rotating the content. Unfortunately many players do not respect this flag, and so the video might be upside down :slight_smile:

Thanks, VLC player seems to show it just fine (:

I see the error, but I am unable to reproduce on neither Nvidia nor AMD cards

One thing you might want to check is GeForce Experience. I have it now actually completely uninstalled, as it used to cause problems in the past, I think it was specifically Shadow Play - just turning that off already helped a lot. Maybe this could be a cause to this problem you see?

/Nathan

I have only the plain graphics driver and our plugins installed. I skip all the extra stuff.

I have an NVIDIA Quadro P5000 with driver 377.11.

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2 (OpenGL ver:4.5.0 NVIDIA 381.65)

377.11 is current for Quadro cards. I have just OpenGL 4.4, since the Shading Language version is only at 4.4. Everything else is 4.5 conformant.

Is there some way I can debug here why the refresh is missing? Recall that as soon as I do anything which tries to capture or refresh the viewport, the rendering doesn’t stop updating.

Have you verified that you have a good render result in your engine when DrawOpenGl() is called? And that this function is called to begin with?

Hrm, just realized that you used the Raytraced engine :confused:

I see the same in Iray, but figured I would let you resolve the Cycles issue first :slight_smile:

A bit hard to resolve if I can’t reproduce (:

Since I see the same problem with Iray, I could potentially do some debugging here, but I would need to know what to look for. Internally the plugin is redrawing, and everything looks normal.

Apart from this, what could be causing the repaint to only affect the area in the corner around the max iterations, as I navigate after losing interactivity?

Also, to get the rendering to draw correctly again, all I need to do is click the viewport separator, I do not actually need to resize the viewport. Just the click does it. Does that give any clues? I imagine that there is not as much happening when the click arrives as when an actual resize happens.

I don’t know, these are things @andy can say more about.

You may want to check for ::glGetError() in your C/C++ drawing function just before you return to managed world of DrawOpenGl(). At least for Raytraced there is a problem with OpenGL Core Profile 3.3 that results in completely black viewport. Maybe something similar happens here?