Missing Karamba components

Greetings,

I have encountered a problem with missing components in the Karamba installation. I’m currently having this problem with Karamba 1.3.0 WIP in Rhino 6, and have also had it in earlier versions.

Here is the dialog box that appears when I load a file that includes a “Reaction Forces (karamba)” component.

Here is the result of clicking “Download and Install”.

The screen-shot below shows that the following components are missing from the Karamba Results menu:

Reaction Forces
Utilization of Elements
Beam Displacements
Beam Forces
Shell Forces

Other than these missing components, the program runs fine.

In my experience, this problem occurs on some machines and not others. It’s currently happening on machines in a lab at my school, but does not occur on the personal machine in my desktop. The lab machines are more heavily loaded with plug-ins, so it seems possible that the problem is related to interference among plug-ins.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I couldn’t find a reference to it on the Forum.

Thanks,

Kirk

Hello Kirk,
maybe on the lab machines the free version of Karamba3D was installed instead of the trial version. Only the latter gets converted to the full version when the license is activated.

Best,
Clemens

Hi Clements,

That doesn’t seem to be the issue here. We have a network license, and the program successfully analyzed a model with more than 5,000 shell elements, which the trial version would not do. The problem must lie elsewhere.

Best,

Kirk

Hi Kirk,
the free version is not limited in the number of elements.
The problem could be that the network license was applied to a free version of Karamba3D instead of to a trial version.
Best,
Clemens

Hi Clemens,

Here is the output from the License component:

OK, I think.

Best,
K

Hi Kirk,
what Clemens means, is that the free version of Karamba has been installed rather than the full/trial version. Therefore you are missing some of the components. The license will still output as a student license no matter which version you have installed. You will need to uninstall Karamba and install it as the FULL version.
Matthew

Hi Kirk,
in Karamba3D 1.3.1 there will be a warning by the ‘License’-component in case a license is applied to a free version of Karamba3D.
Best,
Clemens

Hi Matthew, Clemens,

OK. Thanks very much. I’ll confer with our IT guys and get the installation changed.

Thanks again for your prompt responses.

Best,

Kirk

That fixed it! Thanks!

K

Hello, I am facing the missing components problem.
can anyone help me fix this?

Hi, are these Karamba components, I don’t see the components listed. Can you post your script.

hey, for now i am just using karamba on my rhino 5-64 bit, but the component “analyseThll- karamba 3d” is missing.
can you help me with that?

Hi,

are you trying to open a script that was created with Rhino6 or Rhino7, as the versions are not compatible.