Missing image files

Hello,

in the attached file there is no geometry, no material i have purged every thing also run “testpurgebitmaptable” command.

But at the opening missing image files pop up window appears which bothers me very much. Do any of you know hot to delete those “things” using those image files?

missing image files.3dm (281.9 KB)

I opened your file, ran SaveAs, and unchecked the option for Saving plug-in data.
That new resulting file no longer complains about missing images when opened.

Hi @John_Brock thanks for quick response again but i need v-ray plugin data and those images are not used in vray materials and options.

I can’t figure it out.
I’ll see if a developer can find it.
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-60234

Thanks

This is about image files which are needed by several textures which are in the ‘Textures’ panel (AKA Texture Palette). The required files are missing from the computer, so the dialog pops up to show you which files are missing and which textures they are needed by.

Since the solution is to delete the problem textures, I recommend you make a backup of your original file in case you need to go back.

If you are using Rhino 6, please follow these steps.

• Open the file. When the Missing image files dialog appears, click Continue.
  • Open the Textures panel.
  • Delete the following textures: FRADVana.bmp, Bitmap Texture 001, Nomeradona_Pool Water_displace.jpg, ice-texture-3-imgp9050bn.jpg.

This will remove the image file references and you can save the document to make this change permanent.

If you are using Rhino 7, the purge command can take care of this automatically, but only if the correct option is turned on.

• Open the file. When the Missing image files dialog appears, click Continue.
  • Type Purge. The following appears:

Unused information to purge ( BlockDefinitions=No AnnotationStyles=No Groups=No HatchPatterns=No Layers=No Linetypes=No Materials=No Textures=No Environments=No )

• If Textures is set to No, click Textures so that it says Textures=Yes.
  • Press ENTER. The purge command should display:

Purged 12 unused textures.

The texture palette will now be empty and the document should no longer contain references to the missing files. At this point you can save the document to make this change permanent.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

John

1 Like

yay! thank you @johnc .

I didn’t know there is a texture panel never used it before.

so if i had never used it how did these maps asigned to the texture palette?

Hello - textures show up in the textures palette when they are added to materials etc. (in v7).

-Pascal

Also, if you use Decals, the textures are collected in the Texture Palette and there are a few other ways that textures can end up there.

John