Misplaced objects in rendered view

Hello

I would appreciate your help.

I have this one block copied multiple (and similar ones with the same problem) in one project. When rendered, they don’t seem to align. But in drawing view, they just differ few millimeters max, which should not be noticeable in a render.

If the blocks are being exploded, the file (with flats, other areas and landscape) of course gets heavy. Apart from that, the extrusions seem better aligned, they “just” bend in the middle. And the surface between the extrusions starts to “wrinkle”. The extrusions first were Polysurfaces generated in Grasshopper, I replaced them by clean extrusions. Both actions didn’t help at all. Same happens with no material, with material, also if I just redraw… and it happens in the Rhino renderer as well as in V-Ray. Is there any unit setting I don’t know?

I noticed a slight difference in the chosen render engine, cpu and rtx a bit worse than cuda… but rtx is the fastest. Maybe the problem is on that side? My graphics card is a RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU. My Laptop a MSI Stealth GS77 with 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-12900H.

Does anyone have an advice for this problem?

not rendering correctly.3dm (490.5 KB)

System info:
Rhino 7 SR27 2023-2-1 (Rhino 7, 7.27.23032.13001, Git hash:master @ 4a0030c0d354560df03764f4f49ecc5d119e5118)
License type: Kommerziell, build 2023-02-01
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 11 (10.0.22000 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 64Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP - Plugged in [99% battery remaining]

Hybrid graphics configuration.
Primary display: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 7-11-2022 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display is laptop’s integrated screen or built-in port
- Secondary monitor attached to adapter port #1
Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU (NVidia) Memory: 16GB, Driver date: 1-28-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 511.65
> Integrated accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Video pass-through to primary display device

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 1-28-2022
Driver Version: 30.0.15.1165
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 16 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V7\VRayForRhino.rhp “V-Ray for Rhino”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Tibidabo\VisualARQ.rhp “VisualARQ”
C:\Users\CorinneRageth\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\EleFront\4.2.2\ElefrontProperties.rhp “ElefrontProperties” 1.0.0.0
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Tibidabo\Tibidabo.rhp “Tibidabo”
C:\Users\CorinneRageth\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\ColorPicker\6.0.0\ColorPicker.rhp “ColorPicker”
C:\Users\CorinneRageth\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\Bullant\1.5.12.0\bullant.rhp “bullant” 1.5.12.0

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.27.23032.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\WebBrowser.rhp “WebBrowser”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoScript.rhp “RhinoScript”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoLabsTools.rhp “Rhino Labs Tools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IdleProcessor.rhp “IdleProcessor”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.27.23032.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.27.23032.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Users\CorinneRageth\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\PanelingTools\2021.3.2.446\PanelingTools.rhp “PanelingTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Alerter.rhp “Alerter”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\RhinoDLR_Python.rhp “IronPython” 7.27.23032.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.27.23032.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\GrasshopperPlugin.rhp “Grasshopper” 7.27.23032.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.27.23032.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Hello- I am not sure I know what I am looking for but I see the objects are quite far from the world origin, and you have a number of plug-ins going. I’d start by moving some of these objects to the world origin, ClearAllMeshes and then set the view to shaded or rednered etc and see if it looks OK.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal
Thank you for your help. Moving the objects does indeed solve the problem. Not so desired to move everything since I am working with geo referenced environment, and work on the parcels on different files. Exact coordinates will also help the building process. But for the moment this helps a lot, so I can send renders to my customer.
Have a nice day!