Mirrored Pictures Switch to Previous Transform While Panning And Back

Hi,

In the latest version of Rhino 8 (8.1.23325.13002, 2023-11-21) for macOS, imported and then horizontally mirrored Picture’s (i.e. JPG) in the XY-plane seem to switch to their original, unmirrored transform, when panning the viewport, and back when releasing the relevant mouse button.

If my SystemInfo is of interest, you can find it here.

Edit:
Also while zooming in and out, entering and exiting command, etc.

I can’t seem to reproduce that here. Here are the steps I’m taking:

1. Launch Rhino 8 for Mac (tested in 8.1.23325.13002).
  2. Open the attached TestMirrorPicture.3dm (3.0 MB)
  3. Pan, Zoom the viewport.

and it behaves as expected.

I think we’ll need to see that file of your’s. Can you share it with us?

Sure thing, it’s just a hobby project of mine! Here you go:

20231211_MJELLo-watercolor-palette_swatch-template.zip (69.4 KB)

Yesterday, I had clean installed Sonoma and Rhino 8 (8.2.23346.13002, 2023-12-12), and it’s still happening.

The Rhino file was initially created on Monterey, in either Rhino 7 or 8, I can’t remember.
The image is included. It’s a JPG from an HP printer-scanner-combo done with Image Capture on Monterey.

I haven’t worked on the file, since I discovered the bug. The image constantly flipping back and forth made me nauseas (not kidding).

I don’t know whether I’m suffering from déjà-vue or not, but I could swear that something similar was already reported back in the Rhino 6 or 7 days.

Excellent! With your file, I could reproduce the issue. Thank you :raised_hands:

Logged in:

RH-79202 Picture: Mirrored image flips back and forward while panning/zooming

Yeah, I believe you. I had to stop after one or two pan/zooms.

I would not be surprised at all.

1 Like

Hello Dan,

I am having the same issue as this user did in December. Is there a fix for this?

Thank you

Hi Lisa -

RH-79202 is currently on the list of things to be fixed in Rhino 8 at some point. The list of bugs and requests is mostly open, and you can check the status of an individual item by following its link.
-wim