Midpoint snap on curve not working

What is the reason for midpoint snap not working on the straight lines? Running SimplifyCrv “fixes” it, but I can’t see an obvious problem with the original geometry that would prevent mid point snap working.

Midpoint Snap.3dm (18.8 KB)

You have a single degree 2 spline there, it has only one midpoint… Simplify reconverts it to a polycurve composed of lines and arcs. How did you make that curve, is it a duplicate surface border or something? --Mitch

Geometry: Valid curve. Closed NURBS curve start = (14711.1,2738.66,0) end = (14711.1,2738.66,0) degree = 2

True
Actually I wish for sub-curve midpoint snap sometimes …

Cheers

It was a dupborder curve. Yes, I understand it was being treated as a single curve, hence the location of the midpoint near a corner. However, from a human perspective, there are clearly straight lines that would be nice to midpoint snap to.

Strangely enough, the original surface that this was dupbordered from allows midpoint snaps to its edges, as feels natural to me as a human. Perhaps the dupborder operation should create curves that match the topology (?) of the original surface.