Mesh Split / Mesh Intersect

Hello,

BUG REQUEST.

I develop C# plug ins using RhinoCommon. I have noticed that the Rhino6 Mesh Split and Mesh Intersect functions no longer work the way they used to in Rhino5.

(i.e. when running a mesh split in Rhino 5 it will successfully split the mesh, while in Rhino 6 it actually deletes one of the split mesh pieces)

As you could guess this is a pretty big issue.

Similarly with the Mesh intersect command is malfunctioning. The Rhino 5 would return one polyline that follows the contour of the mesh, The Rhino 6 version starts the polyline half way through the mesh and continues along the contour, and jumps back to the other side of the mesh to finish the polyline.

I would guess that these two issues are somewhat related. Considering they both use the same type of algorithm under the hood.

Thanks,
Andy

2 Likes

Hi Andy, same here. Have you managed to find a solution?

@Holo I noticed this while working in “our” huge mesh… Any comments (or possible solutions?)

Thank you.

Hi - the mesh intersection code has been rewritten in Rhino 7 - have you given this a try in the current WIP?
-wim

Hi @wim. I have not. If it works i am going to save it in RH V7. Dont know if its a good idea (I guess) since I wouldn’t be able to go back to V5 or 6 with the same file (correct me if i am wrong because im not sure of what i am saying). I suggest you to go to my thread and check the file: Split a Complex Terrain - URGENT

Cheers,

Toni