Mesh Split and Boolean difference/Split

Hi all,

I’m having an issue of splitting a topography mesh that is generated from rhino terrain.
I have look through all the answers in this forum(from repairmesh to extract faces and etc)… and I really need helps to split this topo model into 3 equally pieces so that we could cnc cut it.

I will attach the model below. Hopefully someone can look into it can provide some solutions to it.

Thanks in advance.

Peiminghttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1nwmhzKy3JE9OmryNb28oDYWj2R7WOZWm

EDIT:

After moving it to the origin does allow me to do Meshsplit, however, I still can’t do Boolean difference or Split. (It didn’t say fail, but just shows nothing.)

Or I can rephrase this question so that more people can answer this. How to extrude the mesh?(How to give it a base, so that It is one mesh.)

Thanks again!

Peiming

Hi @peimingcc
First of all, that mesh is pretty messy. Lots of overlapping faces, zero length edges and naked edges, but I reckon the biggest problem is that the mesh is VERY far away from the origin. Try moving it so that it’s centered around 0,0,0 and then split your mesh. I got it to work here, at least.
HTH, Jakob

Thanks for your help Jakob.

So I follow your instruction, use Move to have it moved to the origin. Then, I tried MeshSplit and MeshBolleanSplit with curve and surface to split, and still doesn’t work…

Do you know why it still cant split/Trim? or other solutions? I am also trying to Patch and drape it to recreate a polysurface since I have the contour line, but the site is so big and require a lot computing powers and time…

Peiming

I actually got it works with a crossing mesh plane.

Thanks you!

Peiming

1 Like