Mesh overlapping

Hi All,

I have this file which has zoning areas as meshes and colorised. I am using an api to get this information and rhino3dm to bake them into a rhino file. The problem is smaller meshes get hidden underneath bigger ones and this is problem because I need the smaller meshes to be visible on top. Is there a way to do this?

I’ll attach my ghx file which actually does the sorting and creation of the meshes.
zoning.ghx (85.2 KB)

Thanks

Your def contains things:

that I dont have.

PlanB: Since R Methods related with Mesh Bool ops (including Split) … well … work when they work, a rational solution (case: planar flat Meshes) is to extract the inner/outer Boundaries (as Curves) and then do something like this:

Then redo the Meshes out of the resulting BrepFaces.

This is kinda flying from DC to NY via LA … but it works always.

Nothing in your GHX

@PeterFotiadis @Quan_Li

Attached here is the gh definition without any plugin components, also 3dm example of some zoning curves I want to mesh.

zoning.gh (7.3 KB)
output.3dm (324.7 KB)

Thanks

Where are the meshes? Internalize the mesh data and upload gh file only.

Sample ANY collection (overlapping or not - makes no difference at all) of valid closed curves/polylines/cats/dogs/whatever into a GH Crv Param component, internalize data and post a gh def containing ONLY that Param (or your Crvs or your Meshes in a R5 format file).

Forget all the rest (for instance how to re-assosiate the results with any kind of original meta data etc etc).

zoning.gh (2.6 KB)

Appears that today is Not your day (blame Karma).

zoning.gh (199.9 KB)
Try this

BTW: Curves are not checked: just a first pass on all Crvs VS all Crvs Ccx

BTW: Did a fast “entry level” Poly check. Some of your things have a lot of vertices (solution would be waaaaaaaaay faster if they were … a bit more rational).

1 Like

mesh.gh (1.0 MB)
Here is the meshes for you @Quan_Li

Curve is ok.
Overlapping means they stay at same plane, so you just need to move them tiny bit upward.
zoning (1).gh (223.1 KB)

1 Like

Unfortunately, I cant control it because the vertices come straight from the API.

5 minutes spend on that matter (but the real thing MAY require a day [min]) : meaning that hope dies last (but it does)

UPDATE: your things are like these: meaning a LOT of colinear vertices. Meaning that an other far more suitable C# is the thing to use first: I’ll test one (out of many available related with Polylines etc etc) soon.

For instance. From here:

to there:

1 Like