Mesh object visibility

Hello,
I have a furniture object, composed with a 3D block (a mesh given by a manufacturer) and a 2D block of plan model (a regular Rhino lines) exclusively. In a wireframe display mode the 3D representation is invisible, some of the other modes are good (I haven’t checked all display modes). The plan is OK. What is the problem? The mesh? I have tried various states of layer display and so on…
Regards, Jaro

Hi Jaro,
If you insert the 3D block (not the Furniture object), does it show up correctly in Wireframe mode?
Can you share that model? We will take a look. Please send it to visualarq@asuni.com.
Thanks!

Hello Francesc,
I don’t know why, but now it works… Without any action… I have just re-opened the file…
The only drawback is the display of some 300 elements, it takes a lot of time. Maybe I should update my hardware? :wink:
Cheers, Jaro

Hi Jaro, the performance of the model depends on the complexity of the visible geometry, the amount of objects visible in the scene, the Rhino capabilities, the machine hardware, the display mode you are using, the number of viewports active, etc… something VisualARQ can’t help to improve. Also if you have clipping planes or VisualARQ levels and sections enabled, the performance will be slower. If you still think the performance is unusually slow, please send it to us and we will check it out.

Yes, Francesc, it is absolutely reasonable. For now, I use some simplified model, just for acceptable work flow. When the project is ready, I will use the proper models.
And by the way, maybe you could consider introduction of some methods for various LoDs? I think lots of us would appreciate it very much :wink:
Cheers, Jaro

1 Like

Me too! This is planned for future versions. I cannot say how long it will take though.