Mesh Curvature

Hi, I’m attempting to use the mesh curvature component in NGon to visualize areas of high amounts of curvature and cant get any kind of output. Given a standard mesh and as many inputs as I can, the component returns an error. This is what it shows:

1. Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly ‘Meta.Numerics, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=67d25c65a6631347’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Have I installed the plugin incorrectly? Any ideas on what I can do here?

Thanks

Yes, I did a small mistake while uploading plugin on food4rhino and yak :hear_no_evil:.
You need to place this .dll outside math folder to the main folder.
If it is too much trouble let me know, I can upload the version on food4rhino.

Afterwards the example should work as on my pc:

2 Likes

Petras, thank you! Your response time was lightspeed

nGon is proving to be an incredible group of components.

1 Like

Hi Petras,

Thanks a lot for making this component and the plugin. Its very helpful. Can you please explain how does changing the radius input change the curvature output. I am more interested into curvature type = difference.

If I remember correctly the bigger it is the more neigbor vertices it takes, thus more averaging out the local value

1 Like

Hi Petras,

I am trying to use mesh curvature on macbook. I have placed the meta.numerics.dll outside the folder into the main library folder but it is still not working. The message ’ 1. Solution exception:Could not load file or assembly ‘Meta.Numerics, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=67d25c65a6631347’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.’ still pops up.

Anything I have done wrong? Or how could I fix it?

Thanks!!

Is it unblocked?

Hi Petras,

Thank you for your reply!!!

Yes the file is unblocked.

Just to confirm if the file is placed at the correct location?

Thank you very much!!