Menus and Multi-monitors

I have been beating this dead horse for years now, curious-are you using
ver. 6 ?

I can’t say I’ve encountered this issue, I did have a problem with disappearing toolbars in v5, but haven’t experienced it in v6, and have been using it since launch day.

traditional “workstations” don’t really offer any distinct advantage for Rhino, and I’d question whether running two different video cards isn’t contributing to your problems. Quadro cards don’t really offer a day-to-day advantage on an OpenGL based graphics system as far as i know, but i wouldn’t be terribly surprised if running two competing cards created issues.

your optimal system for Rhino doesn’t necessarily fit the typical workstation model. what i’ve found works best over many years of rhino use is speed speed speed, and as much RAM as you can afford. Processor speed over cores, rhino isn’t multi-threaded. keep it cool, and overclock as fast as possible. NVMe SSD is king, get as much DDR4 as you can afford. graphics card isn’t all that important. any 900 or 1000 series nvidia card is more than plenty.

Yes I am running v6.
I ran the beta 4 months and now the full release since launch.
The GPUs are dedicated to specific programs, Rhino accesses the GeForce 1080.
I am not a tech genius, but here are some more system details:
Dual Xeon E5’s 16Gb DIMMS liquid cooled
64Gb DDR4
Multiple SSD SATAs 6GBs
system is "overclocked"
System not exclusively built for Rhino but other than the problems discussed here it runs very nicely.
I have been using Rhino in my professional workflow since sometime in the life of v3.
Thanks for your interest in solving this annoying and time consuming problem.

What bugs me is that pop up windows for plugins can show up anywhere on my three monitor setup, usually as far as they can get from the Rhino window! Sometimes hiding behind other open windows. Anything related to Rhino should know to pop up in the active Rhino window, right?

I have found they pop up wherever they were the last time you saved.

THanks Adastar, I’ll check that out.