Memorize set of commands // like in photoshop

Is there a way to memorize a set of commands? In photoshop, I can memorize actions and it’s really helpful. I can hit a record button, then do things like resize the image to a certain size, add filters, move something a certain direction by a certain amount, etc., really anything, and it just records it. Then you can re-play those actions on any file or layer that you decide to use it on again.

So is there a way to do this in Rhino? I think it would be helpful for many things, but right now I am exporting from one software, and it would be nice to be able to move, rotate, etc., to reposition items to a different project origin point. It would be really cool to be able to export the objects as they update, then just hit a button and have them move into the right spot.

Rhino supports macros, including recording and playback, scripts using rhino script (a form of VBscript), and plugins. Check the help.

Thanks, good to know. I don’t know how to write script, so I won’t be going down this path, but thanks for letting me know

Well, not really recording - you can’t record a series of actions and then play them back. You can write and test macros - using the built-in macro editor (not yet in Mac Rhino) as well as store them as tools to be recalled via aliases or toolbar buttons.

–Mitch

My bad. I guess you can tell I’ve never used any macros. I’ve done scripting and plugins, though, and the systems work very well. I guess what I was thinking of is the way it’s possible to copy as much of the command history as you wish and paste it into an editor to get started on creating a macro.

I might also note that I’ve seen many examples on this forum of people who initially professed no knowledge nor any interest in scripting who decided to give it a try, and became proficient enthusiasts.