Measure object shaded mode "performance"?

I’ve imported an assembly into Rhino via STEP which has really terrible performance in shaded mode (and wireframe mode). Frankly, I’ve never seen Rhino struggle this much, and it’s just a few navigation instruments from a cockpit (yes, lots of small buttons, small text, small screws and wires).

Are there any commands which can tell me which of the objects are making Rhino slow?

When I switch to a custom display mode (without as much line drawing), the performance is normal.

Hello- you can try this thingh I use for troubleshooting sometimes to select objects taking a lot of ‘space’. These may or may not be what you need to find but there is a chance.
FindLargestObjects.py (4.2 KB)

To use the Python script use RunPythonScript, or a macro:

_-RunPythonScript "Full path to py file inside double-quotes"

-Pascal

1 Like

Check if those custom viewports will result in a better performance on your PC. They are capable of delivering considerably smoother framerate on my GTX 1660 Ti than Rhino’s default Shaded mode.

Bobi 2.ini (13.8 KB)
Bobi 1.ini (13.8 KB)

Thank you!

I would love it if it would also summarize all the objects inside a block (including nested blocks), but I still managed to find some interesting things using it.

You gave me those before already, thank you, and these days I have my own as well. :slight_smile:

(That’s why I specifically mentioned wireframe and shaded mode. The line drawing seems to bog down Rhino, but that’s also where you can spot unnecessary hidden geometry inside imported parts, for example.)

1 Like

Hm - I’ll have a look…

-Pascal