Material Input in Cardinal LCA

@cardinal.lca.contact @jessica_chen @krkh

Hello, am working on the environmental impact of different building construction. I have been using cardinal LCA and I was wondering if there is any way to import a list of material from another component and get the result from EC3. As there are tens of construction, I have hundreds of materials and I need to find a way to connect the two components according to the attached photo. Thanks

Hi @mst.torabi, currently there is no way to do that. You can use the SaveMaterial component to save the EPDs. The other possible way is to look up the material proxy nearest to your list of materials. Hope this helps and thanks for bringing this problem to our notice!

thank you for your reply. another issue I have been having with this great tool is the accuracy of data. as you can see in the attached picture, emission for a specific type of shotcrete is different in Cardinal LCA and EC3

@jessica_chen @krkh

We are trying to fix this as soon as possible. We see that is a common factor that is being applied causing the error. Thank you so much for bringing this to our notice, @mst.torabi

Hi @mst.torabi ,
The values mentioned in EC3 are in kgCO2e/m3, whereas the values reported in Cardinal LCA are in kgCO2e/kg. We apologize for not highlighting the unit - we shall include that in the component description.
As you see in the screenshot, when we multiply the value with the material density, we get the value 282.96 kgCO2e/m3, which is what the EPD document from EC3 shows (283 kg CO2e/m3). (Downloaded PDF)