Material Editor > Libraries bug?

I am dragging materials from Material Editor to Library folder in Rhino. My material names are formatted: [my.material.name] with dots as separators. Once dragged, the *.rmtl file that gets created is reformatted to [my_material_name].rmtl !

Why is that happening? I can then ‘by hand’ replace _ with . and all works just fine. Is there a reason why this is happening, or just a bug that should get fixed ?

thanks,

~j

(Andrew le Bihan) #2

Jarek

It is intentional. In the code at that point, there is a comment that says this:

// Make sure that any dots are cleaned because this will confuse the save dialog.

I’m not sure why this happens, but we can try to figure it out. In any case, it is quite clear that there was a very deliberate reason to replace dots with underbars.

Interesting. Good to know. All my material libraries in files have dot in the name and now I was trying to make a consolidated file library. No problem, I can rename all of that, just an odd limitation. In that case dots in material names should not be allowed for consistency.

thanks,

~j